Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cranberry Sauce

I grew up on that gelatinous cylinder of cranberry “sauce” and to this day it holds a special place in my heart. While perfect for leftover sandwiches, it doesn't belong at the Thanksgiving table anymore. This is the first time I ever made cranberry sauce and I adopted the recipe from Serious Eats. Their recipe turned out great and wasn't overly sweet. The tartness of the oranges helped with that.

Qty Ingredient Procedure
12 oz fresh cranberries
  1. Combine all of the ingredients over medium heat. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until the berries start to burst. Press unburst berries against the sides of the pot to desired consistency.
  2. Optional. I prefer my sauce to be cold so I let it cool for 30 minutes before putting it in the fridge. Some people like their cranberry sauce hot; those people are similar to pre-rehab Steve-O.
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice (we used the cheap shit that you use for brass monkeys)
3 long strips of orange zest (NO WHITE PITH)
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment